How to Pass the CPA Exam
Passing the CPA Exam
How to Pass the CPA Exam in 3 Months
Passing the CPA Exam in 3 months is challenging, but feasible. If you have the drive, discipline, and SmartPath Predictive TechnologyTM to focus on the challenge, you will be successful. Take the challenge by following these steps:
Ensure you’ve met the requirements for sitting for the CPA Exam.
Obviously, this is the most important step because if you haven’t met the requirements, you won’t be able to sit for the CPA Exam. Depending on your jurisdiction, you will either need 120 or 150 semester units to be eligible. Most states or jurisdictions now require or will require 150 semester hours of education for CPA licensure. Check what your state or territory requirements are to sit for the CPA Exam before beginning your journey.
Commit to passing the CPA Exam in 3 months (maybe over the summer).
Envision what it will feel like when you have passed the CPA Exam and you’re walking into your firm on the first day, knowing you’re ahead of most of your colleagues. Think about the bonus you’ll receive and the time you’ll save sitting for the Exam before starting full-time work. Create a vision board for inspiration, showing what your goal of becoming a CPA will look like in 3 months. Mapping out your future is the most inspiring way to keep you on track over the summer.
3 Tips to Pass the CPA Exam Faster eBook
Sign up for your eBook to learn how to pass the CPA Exam faster.
More Passing the CPA Exam Resources
Sketch out your CPA Exam Game Plan.
Now that you’re mentally prepared for the CPA Exam challenge, it’s time to prepare your CPA Exam Game Plan: a critical part of your CPA Exam journey. A CPA Exam Game Plan consists of:
- Understanding the CPA Exam Basics. It’s important to have a complete understanding of what to expect on the CPA Exam. Look at the CPA Exam structure, scan the CPA Exam Blueprints, check out the types of questions asked on the Exam, review pass rates, and understand what is considered a passing score.
- Be realistic about how many hours it will take for you to pass the CPA Exam in 3 months. The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) recommends that candidates spend a minimum of 400 hours to study for the CPA Exam. That’s about 16.7 days of consecutive study time—needless to say, it’s a lot. Taking your study style into account and having the proper expectations on hours needed to study for and pass the CPA Exam is vital to your success.
- Set goals for yourself. If you’re planning on passing the CPA Exam in 3 months, then set small goals (e.g., hourly, daily, weekly) to help you stay on track and keep you motivated to continue to push forward as you meet these goals. Use SmartPath Predictive Technology to keep you on track and measure your progress, checking your timeline against meeting the targeted goals to gauge your preparedness for Exam day.
Create a Study Plan.
You get 18 months to complete and pass all 4 parts of the CPA Exam, and you’re going to do it in 3! Research has shown that students who have a study plan are more likely to stick to their studies and reach their goals. Therefore, a study plan can make all the difference between passing and failing the CPA Exam.
The good news is that the Roger CPA Review 3-Month Study Planner is included with all course packages. It not only fully incorporates the course syllabus but can also be downloaded for complete study customization. Even though passing the Exam in 3 months is not for the faint of heart, the 3-Month Study Planner allows for some down time as it accelerates you on the fast track to passing the CPA Exam this summer. And, don’t forget, when creating your Study Plan be sure to account for your personal life as well.
|6:00 AM||Wake Up|
|6:30 AM – 8:00 AM||Practice Multiple Choice Questions|
|8:00 AM – 8:30 AM||Breakfast|
|8:30 AM – 9:00 AM||Shower and get ready for the day|
|9:00 AM – 12:00 PM||Review Lectures|
- Your study time is more productive because SmartPath™ mines user data to evaluate WHICH questions and HOW many questions CPA candidates need to pass. The ultimate result is more efficient study sessions, and less wasted time.
- Your Exam confidence soars because the guesswork of CPA Exam preparation is gone and instead, you’re guided by a clear path to success – something you need when trying to pass the Exam in 3 months!
- Your learning experience is highly personalized. We know CPA candidates study differently, which is why SmartPath™ adapts to your individual progress, and serves you the questions you need based on your individual strengths and weaknesses.
- It works! Read our case studies of students who have quickly passed the CPA Exam using our predictive technology.
Start your 3-Month Life Changing Career Journey. Just begin.
- Turn off devices.
- Do weekly meal-prep to cut time during the week for meals.
- Drink a lot of water to stay hydrated and mentally fresh.
- Try to get 7 to 8 hours of sleep.
- Get fresh air as much as possible.
- Exercise to keep your blood flowing (and help you sleep better!)
- Reward yourself with little triumphs as you accomplish daily or weekly goals.
- Think positively. Remember the CPA Exam is largely a mental game of strength. So, the more positive you remain, the more success you will have.
Finally, remember: “A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.” Passing the CPA Exam in 3 months is a challenge you can and will conquer if you believe in your yourself, put in the hours to study, and set yourself up for success!
Passing the CPA Exam Blogs
Working in public accounting full-time while also raising a family can be quite overwhelming. Add studying for the CPA Exam into the mix and life might seem completely chaotic. The good news is that while studying for the CPA Exam, working full-time, and raising children isn’t easy, it’s possible. Below are 5 things you can
Studying for the CPA Exam Q&A
Below are the national CPA Exam pass rates by section:
|SECTION||FIRST QUARTER||SECOND QUARTER||THIRD QUARTER||FOURTH QUARTER||CUMULATIVE|