There are no two CPA candidates who are exactly alike and everyone has a different learning style. That’s why it is important to carefully choose a CPA Review course that is right for you before investing both time and money into one. The best way to ensure a CPA prep course is right for you is by trying it out before you purchase it. Below are some ways to get the most out of a CPA Review course’s free trial.
1. Do your research. Select a few CPA Review courses and set aside time to compare the program features, price, ease of use, and the exam pass rate for students who have taken the course. It is important to demo a product before making a decision so sign up for 2-3 free trials from CPA review providers. You may be recommended by friends, family, or colleagues within your firm to use a product that worked for them, but today’s learner is entirely different and you need to pick a product that works for you!
2. Utilize all the features and tools. Make a checklist of features to ensure that you are trying everything that the product has to offer. For example:
- Practice Questions: Create a practice quiz with quality MCQs and determine if the answer explanations are in-depth and informative, or if the explanations merely state, “answer a is correct because b, c, and d are incorrect.”
- Video Lectures: Listen to the lectures and ask, “Can I stay up late listening to this instructor, or will this instructor put me to sleep?”
- Innovative Study Tools: Create digital flashcards directly from the questions/answers and see if the product includes learning tools to help you retain the information, like spaced repetition technology.
- Performance Tracking: Track your progress and discover which product offers integrated technology that guides you to success. Ask yourself, “Is there data-driven technology that shows me exactly what to study and how much to study?
3. Learn a concept. If a concept is not clicking in your accounting course, try to learn that topic from within the free trial. Decide if the course is able to break down that difficult topic and make it more understandable. The CPA Exam is a beast of information, so you’ll want to identify a product that can help you gain topic mastery quickly and efficiently.
4. Leverage your learning style. 90% of information received by the brain is visual, so if you are a visual learner, you want a course that provides high-quality, educational illustrations that complement the answer explanations. If you are an auditory learner, you will benefit from engaging and innovative lectures. It is important to select a CPA Review course that suits your learning style.
Ready to get started? Take UWorld for a spin and join the 2 Million students who have found success on their high-stakes exams.
Get Started with a 7-Day Free TrialChoosing a CPA Review course is a big investment of both time and money. Make sure you choose one that’s right for you. Try our course for free for 7 days, and you’ll experience the UWorld Roger CPA Review difference—where quality is what separates us from the rest.