*Please note that this article was updated for accuracy on April 13, 2020 after updates from Prometric were made.
We understand many candidates are still confused about how the COVID-19 pandemic will affect their 18-month window to pass the CPA Exam, Notice to Schedule, and Score Release timing. We met with the AICPA yesterday for confirmation and clarification. Here’s a quick recap of what you need to know.
CPA Exam Notice to Schedule
- The AICPA and NASBA are fully functioning to support CPA candidates during this time of uncertainty with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- It is recommended that CPA candidates who need more personalized and detailed information about their exam status contact NASBA directly.
- CPA Candidates are able to receive a CPA Exam extension if they have an open NTS that will be expiring between April 1, 2020 and June 30, 2020.
- Most states or jurisdictions have agreed to extend NTS of CPA candidates scheduled between April 1, 2020 and June 30, 2020 until September 30, 2020. However, candidates should contact their state or jurisdiction to confirm extension.
- NASBA has every intention of supporting CPA candidates during this difficult time. So, CPA Exam credit extensions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact NASBA directly with questions about your exams.
- Prometric currently anticipates re-opening their testing centers by April 30th, however this is dependent on COVID-19 circumstances that are changing daily.
- Prometric is reaching out to all CPA candidates who had CPA Exams scheduled between April 1, 2020 and April 30, 2020 to reschedule, at no cost to the candidate.
- CPA Candidates will not have to pay rescheduling fees to Prometric during this time.
CPA Exam Score Release
Q2 Score Release dates will be delayed by 16 days, depending on Prometric center opening dates.
|If you take your exam on or before:||Your updated score release date will be:|
|April 30||May 30|
|May 15||June 11|
|May 31||June 16|
|June 10||June 26|
This is a stressful time for all of us but know that we are all in this together and seeking ways to help each other out. As we remain committed to helping the future generation of CPAs, we believe that quality CPA Exam prep should be universally available. And, particularly in today’s uncertain environment, there is no better time to invest in your future. Now through May 4th, we are offering our four-part CPA exam prep programs for just $1499 – 50% off the retail price. Learn more.
We will continue to keep you in the know of all that is happening within the CPA community and how it is affected by these unprecedented conditions. We encourage you to keep up the good work, stay strong and know that we are virtually here for you.