The AICPA has announced that effective July 1, 2011, the reference summary for each section of the CPA Exam, found within the Content Specification Outline (CSO), will be slightly adjusted to better reflect the references used on the exams. The changes made to the CSO impact the reference summary only and do not affect the current technical content or weight allocations specified in the CSOs. Below is a summary of the reference changes released by the AICPA.
CSO Reference Summary of Changes (effective: July 1, 2011):
|AUD||* International Auditing Standards (ISAs)|
|BEC||* International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing|
* COBIT (The Control Objectives for Information and related Technology)
|FAR||* Regulation S-K of the Code of Federal Regulations|
* Codification of Statements on Auditing Standards:
* AU Section 623, Special Reports
* FASB Concept Statements
* GASB Concept Statements
* IFRS Framework
|REG||* Removed: AICPA Code of Professional Conduct|
* Removed: AICPA Model Tax Curriculum
* Public Law 86-272
* Uniform Division of Income for Tax Purposes Act (UDITPA)
* Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010
Click Here (effective 1/1/11) to review the current CSO.
Click Here (effective 7/1/11) to review the 7/1/11 CSO which includes the above changes.
Be sure to subscribe to the Roger CPA Review Blog for all updates related to the CPA Exam!
Craig Cuthbert, CPA