SAN FRANCISCO, CA (June 22, 2018)—Roger CPA Review, a professional education technology company focused on CPA Exam preparation, announced the recipients of their 2018 Scholarship Program today. Throughout each year, the company rewards over $500,000 in course scholarships for selected CPA candidates through universities, professional organizations, and the annual, open application program. As part of this year’s open application program, Roger CPA Review is honoring 25 outstanding scholarship recipients from over 520 applicants.
The Scholarship Program provides CPA candidates from all walks of life the opportunity to earn a CPA Review course, even if they graduated years ago and might not be eligible for CPA Review course reimbursement from a firm or university.
“We appreciate the importance of a greater community of CPA candidates. Anyone working to achieve their CPA goals deserves a quality CPA Review course,” said Tom Rogowski, Senior Business Development Director at Roger CPA Review. “It’s for this reason, that we’re proud to hold our annual Scholarship Program, as well as provide discount opportunities throughout the year. It’s important that we’re part of a community that helps reduce the financial barriers for CPAs of the future.”
The following individuals are the 2018 Scholarship Program recipients, and were chosen based on academic merit, involvement in community and professional organizations , and financial need. Each of these exceptional candidates will receive a scholarship ranging from $259 to $1,699 that can be used towards Roger CPA Review’s proven learning tools, including full courses and products. The recipients are as follows:
- Anita Abnous: California State University – Northridge, Global Mobility Tax
- Jaculin Bolz: University of Minnesota – Crookston, Haburn CPA LLC
- Madison Carew: Baylor University, Ernst & Young LLP
- Olga Davis: DePaul University, School District 99
- Karen Denton: University of Alaska – Anchorage, Alaska National Guard – Civilian Technician Position
- Coovi Dossou-Koko: Franklin University, LBrands
- Ana Duarte: California State University – Los Angeles, CSULA College of Business and Economics Student Services Center
- Jacob Dunn: University of Central Florida, Moore Stephens Lovelace CPA
- Jack Gaulrapp: Northern Illinois University, Forreston State Bank
- Casey Henderson: University of North Georgia – Dahlonega, Georgia Department of Audits and Accounts
- Robin Irvin: University of Central Oklahoma, MIT
- Richard Kim: University of California – Riverside, HCVT
- Christina Kulakevich: University of Alaska – Anchorage, AK Supply
- Norvik Markari: California State University – Northridge, Povac Investments Inc.
- Devin Moses: Edinboro University, BKD CPAs and Advisors
- Dolly Patel: Rutgers Business School – Newark, CohnReznick LLP
- Alexandra Penaflor: College of San Mateo, Form & Fiction
- Asmat Rizvi: University of Houston, Delivery Fleet
- Amanda Shanaberger: Lehigh University, Baker Tilly Virchow Krause
- Tawfic Siiba: Lehman College, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Ronald A Smith: Thomas More College, Amazon
- Urvashi Sparman: California State University – East Bay, Ernst & Young LLP
- Gabrielle Vandevere: Kutztown University, Mazars USA
- Myles Walden: Georgia State University, Georgia Department of Audits and Accounts
- Sara Wilcox: California State University – Chico, KCoe Isom Accounting Firm
For more information about Roger CPA Review, the CPA Exam, and the steps to gaining CPA licensure, visit CPA Exam Resources.
About Roger CPA Review:
At Roger CPA Review, the mission is simple: to change the way students learn to achieve maximum efficiency. With the power of new SmartPath Predictive Technology™, future accountants are empowered to achieve their career goals through impactful, data-driven learning – faster than ever before. Roger CPA Review is proud to provide innovative products and services that students not only need, but love, making it the choice program among the profession’s top universities and firms. Over 200,000 students have reached their goal with Roger CPA Review. It’s your turn. For more information, visit accounting.uworld.com/cpa-review and #TaketheSmartPath.